Each of us starts off the New Year with aspirations and hopes of improving our lives in the upcoming year. These improvements can include freeing ourselves of bad habits and making changes to improve our health and appearance. Many homeowners begin making changes that will improve our lives and our lifestyle. Adding and upgrading areas in and around your home to get more enjoyment out of your home is at the top of many homeowners’ lists. With this in mind, Archadeck of Central Georgia has compiled a summary of what we see for hot building and design trends for 2013.
Building and design trends in outdoor living for 2013
- We are continuing to watch the screened porch market grow. This is especially true when the screened porch becomes a room that can be utilized for 9 months out of the year or even longer with the inclusion of an outdoor fireplace. This is an inexpensive way to add a big living space to your backyard and home.
- Hardscapes will continue to be a growth area for us in 2013. Patios are becoming more and more popular in the Central GA market. We expect growth in the higher-end patio build and design market which includes outdoor fireplaces and outdoor kitchens. This is an ideal choice for a patio home with a flat yard or those homeowners who already have a concrete patio which is too small or does not provide adequate function.
- Among the top choices for hardscapes is Belgard’s Chattahoochee blend. This beautiful blend contains purples and browns. We continue to get requests for this color, in particular because it contains enough brown to hide dirt effectively.
- Multi-area outdoor spaces will continue to grow as well. Multi- area spaces and outdoor living combinations provide multiple uses for one space. People will continue to want to build more outdoor kitchens, and fire pits. These areas can be used on patios and decks to increase the length of usable time for the space.
- Fire pits continue to grow in popularity within our market. Not only is the fire pit a relatively inexpensive way to add ambiance and rustic beauty to your outdoor setting, but people really love them.
- Interest in composite and PVC (synthetic) decks will continue to grow in popularity in the New Year. Adding a synthetic deck make sense for less maintenance and maintaining your deck’s beauty and value over time.
- AZEK PVC trim boards have started to become popular for people who also want a more finished look to their outdoor space. We can use these to wrap the deck, edge band, column posts and risers in white. Most houses have white windows and trim so the white PVC finishes match really nicely.
- A great way to add pizzazz to a deck without adding really expensive custom elements is to use a two-tone color design. This can be achieved with an outline, or even parting boards. This kind of design trend adds little additional cost to the homeowner and adds loads of personality to your deck.
- One thing we’ve seen is a great deal of repair work that has been put off with homeowner’s existing outdoor spaces because of the recent economy. The economy is improving and if you are thinking of selling your home, the needed repairs will have to be addressed in order to place your home on the market. Personally, I have seen a number of decks that need repair so we foresee a great deal of safety inspection and repair work in 2013.
- Beyond minor repairs, we anticipate there will be some re-decking without changing the size and shape of existing decks as well as adding new railing to many decks to improve the salability of homes. Re-decking can be a valuable way to add beauty and longevity to your deck, this is the case whether you are staying in your home or plan to sell in the near future. Deciding to upgrade to a synthetic will add value over time, and will leave you more time to enjoy your outdoor space without the worry of constant maintenance.
- With existing screened porches we are seeing the popularity of converting their screens to EZE Breeze windows. This is the case with many porch owners because it extends the amount of time you can enjoy your space. It also offers versatile function that can enable your porch to function as a three-season, or even a four-season room with minimal effort.
Whether you are considering a new outdoor structure addition this year, or are looking to upgrade an existing outdoor space to deliver more enjoyment and appeal, Archadeck of Central Georgia can transform your outdoor space into everything you always hoped it could be. Contact us today to learn more. Call today for a free consultation (478) 745 – 2000 firstname.lastname@example.org Visit our deck gallery, our patio and hardscape gallery and our screened porch gallery located on our website to see more examples of trending outdoor structure designs for 2013. learn more. Call today for a free consultation (478) 745 – 2000 email@example.com